Monday, 10 August 2015

Ready. Set. WRITE! 2015 #9/10

If you don't know anything about RSW, it's a summer writing intensive hosted by Jaime MorrowErin FunkKaty UppermanElodie Nowodazkij, and Alison Miller--click here for all the details. (Here are my first and last posts for RSW 2014, and first and last for RSW 2013.)





1. How I did on last week’s goals:


  • Complete a revision of (the manuscript formerly known as) THE QUIETEST KIND -- I missed last week's check-in, but I've been doing the same thing these past two weeks: working on this revision. And I'm getting closer to completion, slowly, slowly. I have one new scene to finish and then it'll be read-through time. And then send to my agent time. Oh, sorry, I said that like it wasn't scary, let me try again: then I have to send it to my AGENT?! And hope she thinks it's good?!?! Okay, cool.


2. My goal(s) for this week:

  • Complete a revision of (the manuscript formerly known as) THE QUIETEST KIND.


3. A favourite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised:


Depth.

4. The biggest challenge I faced this week:

My hours at work have changed, so I'm adjusting to that, and I really need to work on my ability to write in short bursts so can stop justifying spending the time before work dicking around online. Oh tumblr, you devil, you.

5. Something I love about my WIP:

Imperfect relationships, perfect(ish) intentions.


See you next week!

4 comments:

  1. I'm always tempted to rejoin tumblr but I remember what it was like, sinking down into the Internet for hours on end. Lately Twitter has been my online vice. But we are strong! We can resist!

    Good luck sending the MS to your agent. That sounds terrifying! But everything will surely work out great. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Imperfect relationships, perfect(ish) intentions." Such a great way to sum it up - makes me want to read your story even more :)

    Good luck this week with your revision. I'm sure your agent will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deep breaths, deep breaths! Good luck on finishing your revisions, you got this! I love your depth word for what you wrote/revised. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tumblr is my weakness, too! :) And good luck with the rest of your revisions. I'm sure your agent (!!!!) will love it!

    ReplyDelete