Monday, 31 August 2015

Ready. Set. WRITE! 2015 #13

If you don't know anything about RSW, it's a summer writing intensive hosted by Jaime MorrowErin FunkKaty UppermanElodie Nowodazkij, and Alison Miller--click here for all the details. (Here are my first and last posts for RSW 2014, and first and last for RSW 2013.)






Wrap Up

So it's the end of RSW and I am really, really happy with what I managed to accomplish over the past three months! Last week I finished my revision of the manuscript formerly known as THE QUIETEST KIND and I sent it off to my agent yesterday. My goal at the beginning was to finish a first draft of my untitled punk girlband MS, which I didn't do (for good reason) but I did manage to add roughly 11k to it, and figured out where the story is going and how to finish it all. I also signed with my agent a few weeks into RSW, which is still fucking awesome!

Big thanks to our hosts Alison, Jaime, Erin, Katy, and Elodie for being the loveliest ladies and doing this again -- RSW has been responsible for a huuuuuge amount of my words these past three years and I hope it will continue to be in the future!

#ManuscriptsAndManicures

Now, for my themed nails: these are my Audrey Spencer (my MC) nails. Gold glitter because she loves wearing that; an A (for Audrey, of course); and a plus sign, for the Big News that kicks her ass in the story. I think she'd approve.



Thanks to everyone who has stopped by over the past three months and who I've gotten to know a little! Make sure you come hang out on Twitter (or tumblr, or Instagram)! That's where I drop most of my pearls of wisdome/late night ramblings, whatever you want to call them.

xoxo


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on signing with your agent! That's definitely got to be the best part of RSW! And 11k to a manuscript is no mean feat at all on top of everything else. :)

    Your nails look brilliant, and that 'a' is downright fantastic, so neat! Good luck with the autumn, I hope it goes as well as the summer for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome manicure, Becky! I definitely think Audrey would approve. ;-) I'm still so, so thrilled for you about getting an agent! That's one fantastic reason to focus attention on the story formerly known as THE QUIETEST KIND. I hope your agent loves all the revisions you've done on it. Can't wait to hear more about (and possibly read???) your girl band WiP once it's done. It sounds awesome! Thanks so much for joining us this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats again on signing with your agent, Becky! It sounds like you accomplished a lot this summer, a revision AND 11k on another manuscript? I'd say that's a major success. :) Love the nails, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty nails! Glitter somehow always makes things better :)

    ReplyDelete