Monday, 22 June 2015

Ready. Set. WRITE! 2015 #3

If you don't know anything about RSW, it's a summer writing intensive hosted by Jaime MorrowErin FunkKaty UppermanElodie Nowodazkij, and Alison Miller--click here for all the details. (Here are my first and last posts for RSW 2014, and first and last for RSW 2013.)






1. How I did on last week’s goals:


I passed my 1500 word goal (I ended up with 2307 words) and finished a long scene in the process, so I'm happy!

2. My goal(s) for this week:

I think I'll stick to the same writing goal as last week: write 1500 words.


I like that people are adding non-writing goals here, too, so this week, here's what I want to do:

  • Read one book from my TBR.
  • Go to bed before midnight at least four nights this week.
  • Drink tons of water.

3. A favourite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised:



Hanna tipped her head back, taking in the wide expanse of shifting sky. “There’s a whole mess of shit up there. Who knows what real or right or true? Make it yours. Do what you want. Who cares?”

4. The biggest challenge I faced this week:

Making time. I'm really bad with wasting time online (hello tumblr) when I could be fitting in thirty minutes of writing, so I need to work on that.


5. Something I love about my WIP:

The complicated friendship between my three girls; all the ways they fall apart and come back together again, and again, and again.

See you next week!


13 comments:

  1. 1) Lovvvvvvve your excerpt. Love it so much. 2) Whyyyy is it so hard to go to bed before midnight?? Even when I'm tired. Even when I WANT to go to bed. I can't do it.

    Awesome, awesome job meeting your goals this week. You really tackled a lot! Keep that momentum going this week! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on the words this week, Becky! :D You surpassed your goal big time. I 100% hear you on making time. I am so bad for piddling away my time doing meaningless things when I could be squeezing in important things. Like writing. You are so not alone on that. Hope this is another great week for goal-meeting/surpassing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your line! Awesome job meeting your goal. Good luck this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your favorite line from this week AND the something you love about your WiP. I love seeing/reading female friendships that are as complex and supportive, and breakable and strong, as they are in real life. Women have amazing, dynamic relationships together, and that's so great to capture! Good luck on your goals this week, and enjoy some non-writing goals, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your excerpt! For some reason it cracks me up that you have a goal to go to bed before midnight. I feel old. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great non-writing goals! I really need to start drinking more water again, I always, always feel much better when I do. Have a great, productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear you about spending too much time on Tumblr. It's my weakness! And I love your non-writing goals as well...I might have to start setting some of those!

    Have a great writing week, Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You kicked your goals butt! Congrats. Going to sleep before midnight sounds like a great goal for the week, for myself included! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so with you on the water-drinking goal. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the excerpt! And yay for surpassing your goals! That's awesome!

    Hope you have another great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this excerpt and congrats on rocking your goals!! Wow I totally should make the drinking water one too, because I'm like tea/coffee/tea/coffee until I'm sick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on your goals! I love that bit from your story. Who cares, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, that excerpt is AMAZING!! Congrats on surpassing your goal for last week, hopefully it's been another great writing week for you :D

    ReplyDelete