Monday, 29 June 2015

Ready. Set. WRITE! 2015 #4

If you don't know anything about RSW, it's a summer writing intensive hosted by Jaime MorrowErin FunkKaty UppermanElodie Nowodazkij, and Alison Miller--click here for all the details. (Here are my first and last posts for RSW 2014, and first and last for RSW 2013.)






1. How I did on last week’s goals:


If I count the notes I wrote, then I totally made my goal! But just story-words...no. The planning was desperately needed, though, so it's all good.

As for my Other goals: I finished an adult crime novel I picked up at work (technically not on my TBR but I'm counting it), did okay with the water drinking, and I failed spectacularly at going to before midnight every single night last week. Bad.

2. My goal(s) for this week:

Write 1500 words and write on three days.


I'll keep my Other goals the same in the hope that I might actually achieve them this time:
  • Read one book from my TBR.
  • Go to bed before midnight at least four nights this week.
  • Drink tons of water.

3. A favourite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised:



"You're a badass, Dia Vazquez. How come you don't see that?"

4. The biggest challenge I faced this week:

Exhaustion. Apparently if you go to bed after 2a.m. you'll be super tired the next day? Who knew?! Seriously, though, it's so hard to write through tiredness. I need to get my sleeping pattern under serious control.


5. Something I love about my WIP:

Music, music, music.

See you next week!

9 comments:

  1. Love the line you shared! And this: "music, music, music". :-) Sounds awesome, Becky! Writing notes for your story is super important, I find. I don't know about you, but it's a necessary evil to get things sorted out and get those words flowing. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great line--very powerful :). I say writing notes and plotting is just as important as actual word count, too--definitely counts toward writing goals! Hope you get more sleep this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jessica - writing notes and plotting is all part of the process and always important! And I love that line! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, sleep patterns are horrible to keep under control. I have major issues with insomnia, but I finally accepted that I'm a natural night owl and that became my usual writing time. Not possible if you have to get up early the next day though!

    I'm a staunch planner, so I say your notes totally count. Why plow ahead with words you'll just have to rewrite anyway if you know a little mulling over is order, right? Hope you get lots of rest this week and beat those goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the line! Good luck with the sleeping and the water this week. I've found carrying a water bottle with me literally everywhere helps me increase my ounces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great line from your WIP. And I love the "music, music, music." That is so fantastic. Good luck on your goals this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey word count for notes when they are SUPER important to making the story happen totally count! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the music, music, music bit. I always at least mention music in my WIPs, it's such a big influence and inspiration for me.
    If I got to bed after 11pm, I'm cranky-pants the next day. But I'm always so awake at night and want to stay up doing so many things. The trials of being a night owl I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm having the same sleep struggle, Becky. It's hard to drag yourself to work when you're up so late. But great job with your notes - story notes are just as important as generating new words, I think.

    Good luck with your goals for this week! :)

    ReplyDelete