Monday, 15 June 2015

Ready. Set. WRITE! 2015 #2

If you don't know anything about RSW, it's a summer writing intensive hosted by Jaime MorrowErin FunkKaty UppermanElodie Nowodazkij, and Alison Miller--click here for all the details. (Here are my first and last posts for RSW 2014, and first and last for RSW 2013.)




A late check-in, but I'm here! (I swear I'm going to get organised...at some point. In the future.) (The distant future.)
1. How I did on last week’s goals:

I came a little shy of my 2000 word goal, but I'm actually happy that I managed to anything done this week, so I'll take it.


2. My goal(s) for this week:

Write 1500 words.

3. A favourite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised:

Jules was a grudge-holder, a stubborn girl, and Hanna was Hanna. The girl who would drink herself into such oblivion that she could no longer say her own name, who blacked out entire memories so that the fighting and the nail-scratches and the knife-sharp words belonged to everyone but her. Maybe Dia could forgive so easily, but not Jules.



4. The biggest challenge I faced this week:

Moving house really stole a lot of time that I could have spent writing, but at least it's over now. (Just the unpacking of hundreds and thousands of boxes to go.)

5. Something I love about my WIP:

The sticky, stormy, summer of it all.

See you next week!

9 comments:

  1. Good job on the words! Especially in the midst of moving. Love the snippet you shared as well. If you ever want/need a reader you know where to find me. ;-) Good luck this week, Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The sticky, stormy, summer of it all." Love this, sounds so intriguing!

    Good luck with your goals and with unpacking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love the lines you shared, Becky! I'd read this whole story based on that excerpt alone. Also, you're rocking the 3rd person. Awesome job on your words this week, and best of luck next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really enjoyed the lines you shared. You can reach your goal this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job writing while moving, Becky. I hope the move went well! I really like the excerpt you shared, and now I'm super intrigued by Hanna.

    Happy writing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you described what you love about your WIP, very cool. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, shy of 2000 is great! I think it's even more impressive because you were moving! Also, loved the excerpt you shared.

    Glad things will probably be more settled for you this week. Good luck with hitting that 1500 and then some! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love that excerpt! Especially wonderful was: "The girl who would drink herself into such oblivion that she could no longer say her own name, who blacked out entire memories so that the fighting and the nail-scratches and the knife-sharp words belonged to everyone but her." <3 <3

    Good luck with your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh, moving. I hatessss it, precious...

    I love the snippet you shared! Also, awesome job getting all of that done while you're moving. (I'm not even moving yet, just getting ready to, and all I've been able to accomplish is eating lots of bagels.)

    Good luck with your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete