Monday, 4 August 2014

Ready. Set. WRITE! 2014 #9

{click here for all the RSW details!}


How I did on last week’s goal(s)

I didn't finish the scene I started last week, but I got some good words down last night(/early this morning) and finished another half-scene in the week, so I'm calling it a win.

My goal(s) for this week

I suck at writing lately, and at having motivation of any kind, so my goal is just to get back into my regular writing routine. That means sitting down to write five days this week.

A favorite line from my story OR a word or phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised

She felt guilty for thinking that as soon as it entered her head, but—it was a little true, at least. Nicole was the wounded soul, the delicate creature. Britt was the realist, pragmatic to the core. So she needed to act like herself now, to figure out what the fuck they were going to do now.

 The biggest challenge I faced this week

I currently have tonsillitis, so there's that! I also have major brace pain. Those things+writing=NOT HAPPENING, apparently.

Something I love about my WIP

Hmm. (I'm struggling to even like this thing right now.) Let's go with one of my MCs, Britt: she won't take any shit and I love that.


See you next Monday for another check-in!

8 comments:

  1. UGH. Tonsillitis? That's horrible! No wonder the writing motivation isn't quite there. Hope you feel better soon and that your writing mojo returns! Love the lines, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to get that motivation back once it's gone! And tonsilitis definitely doesn't help. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about that tonsillitis! Hope it clears up soon and you get your motivation back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you're not feeling well! Pain and writing don't exactly mix :(. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no feel better. I hope you get some writing done when you feel up to it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, sorry you're not feeling well. I find it difficult to write while sick/in pain. Hopefully you feel better soon so you can keep writing this story. From the excerpt, it sounds great! I love a character who doesn't take shit from anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you're not feeling well, and dealing with motivation issues. I've had similar issues with motivation lately. I bet if you keep trying every day, eventually you'll get back into the groove. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, feel better! I know what you mean about losing motivation, but just push through. Or take a break and binge watch TV. Both of those have worked for me in the past :)

    ReplyDelete