Saturday, 9 August 2014

Five Facts {TAG}

The lovely Sara Biren tagged me for this character blog-hop, the rules for which are simple: list five facts about a character of mine.

I thought I'd share a little about Olivia Lee, a character from my MS THE QUIETEST KIND. Olivia is a new girl in my two MCs' lives, and one of my favourite girls that I've ever written.



*   *   *

[art by Ciara McQueirns]


1. Olivia cannot drive, but she is an excellent shotgun rider. Music selecting, direction reading, snack passing--no-one does it better than her.


2. She came out when she was thirteen, but pretty quickly realised that she was going to spend her whole life coming out every time she met somebody new. Which is exhausting.


3. Dancing is one of the only things in the world that makes her completely--we're talking blushing, sweating, awkward-arm-movements--embarrassed.


4. She has a serious addiction to bleach, box dye, and cutting her hair with blunt scissors at stupid times of night.


5. When she grows up she'd like to teach in her old neighbourhood, create graphic novels, illustrate picture books, make short animations…anything, as long as she can have a pencil in her hand.



[art by Guy Denning]

*   *   *

I'm tagging Karyne Norton and Ghenet Myrthil!


xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I love the sound of your character. Thanks for the tag! Fleshing out my MC (and other characters) in my WIP is one of my big goals this week, so maybe I'll post this when I'm done. :)

    ReplyDelete