Monday, 28 July 2014

Ready. Set. WRITE! 2014 #8

{click here for all the RSW details!}


How I did on last week’s goal(s)

Um, I wrote about half a scene last night because I felt bad about not writing. Better than nothing!

My goal(s) for this week

Write the other half of that scene.

A favorite line from my story OR a word or phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised

Darkness and light.

 The biggest challenge I faced this week

Yeah, I have no motivation. It's so much nicer to wake up late, read in the sun, and watch TV than actually write. But I'm trying not to feel bad about it!

Something I love about my WIP

It flips from third person to first, which is a challenge, but I love it.


See you next Monday for another check-in!

6 comments:

  1. Reading in the sun is the literal best. I can think of few things I'd rather do. I say... Enjoy it while you can! Best of luck finishing that scene, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I'm experiencing the same tug towards reading in the sun and all that fun stuff instead of writing. I don't know about where you live, but the weather here is only really nice for such a brief chunk of time that I really like to take advantage of that. Before you know it, it'll be crummy again and I don't want to miss out! That said, I *also* want to squeeze in some writing, so that's a bit problematic. Sound familiar? ;-) I love that your WiP flips from 3rd to 1st person. That's not something you see very often, and I love when books are a little different that way. Hope you have a great week, whether it's writing or enjoying a good book in the sun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried writing in third but I gravitate toward first person. Good luck finishing that scene! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Half a scene is better than no scene at all. And I hear you on the catch-up writing. I was so far behind going into the weekend. Pushed myself to get it done. WHEW.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been sleeping in too and I end up losing a couple of hours in my day but I'm trying not to feel guilty about it since I can only sleep in during the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Motivation has been an issue for me lately, too. I also enjoy reading in the sun and did a bit of that this weekend. Good luck with your scene this week!

    ReplyDelete