Monday, 21 July 2014

Ready. Set. WRITE! 2014 #7

{click here for all the RSW details!}


How I did on last week’s goal(s)

Five days: check. More than 500 words each day: check. And relatively struggle free!

My goal(s) for this week

I have some time off from work this week and next, so I'm not sure how much writing I'll actually do. I think I'll set myself the goal of finishing one scene, maybe two. And maybe a little bit of reading back, seeing where I'm at with this MS.

A favorite line from my story OR a word or phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised

I pat the bench next to me. "I love your shoes. How can you walk in them? I would trip and die if I even tried."
     She sits down, playing a staccato rhythm with her heels on the asphalt. "Practice. It's not so hard once you get used to it. And I like the way they make me feel." She lifts her head, staring off into the distance. "Powerful," she say. "I like it."

 The biggest challenge I faced this week

This week I had a dress rehearsal, two dance performances, a library event and a family thing yesterday (plus work). Plus it's hella hot. The temptation to laze around in bed watching Undercover Boss USA was strong.

Something I love about my WIP

All the different people and places my characters are experiencing through this story--I like getting to write those things.

See you next Monday for another check-in!

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching your goals. Especially since you've been so busy. You Rock. Thanks for sharing. :D
    PS you might want to check your link, I couldn't get to it. I came here manually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the snippet you shared, Rebecca! And great job checking off those goals! You did much better than I did this week, I think. You've been crazy busy this week, so that's extra awesome. Hope you enjoy your days off. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow sounds like a crazy busy week! Congrats on nailing all your goals despite the busy-ness. I love the lines that you shared. Have a great time on your days off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. really enjoyed your excerpt! With time off it can be hard to find the motivation to write when you want to go relax and laze around. Even if you decide to relax, time away can be re-energizing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, high heels make me feel powerful too! Love it!
    Good luck with your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm only 5' so heels make me feel tall and powerful ;) I can walk like a pro though. Love the excerpt. For such a busy week you got a lot of writing done. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A week off! Jealous! Enjoy yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on reaching your goals! Enjoy your time off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always wanted to be able to walk in heels. Have fun on your days off work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a full and exciting week! AND still accomplished your goals. Great job, lady. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the excerpt--so subtle and yet, says so much. Sounds like you've been really busy, and you still met those goals. Hope you have a little time to sit back this weekend.

    ReplyDelete