Monday, 7 July 2014

Ready. Set. WRITE! 2014 #5

{click here for all the RSW details!}


How I did on last week’s goal(s)

I read zero books, wrote four days, and hit my word count goal on three of those days. So…not great.

My goal(s) for this week

Write five days this week. However many words I can manage.

A favorite line from my story OR a word or phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised

She watched the still water, glowing with the underwater lights, and felt a trickle of sweat creep down her spine, settling in the small of her back. It was a stifling, muggy hot out here, the kind of heat that forewarned of thunder storms and pounding rain. Across the street from the motel a field of tall grass stood straight, no breeze at all to rustle through it. 

The biggest challenge I faced this week

Motivation, time, motivation.

Something I love about my WIP

Road trip!


See you next Monday for another check-in!

9 comments:

  1. You wrote more days this week than I did. It sounds like you're getting a lot done, even if it wasn't as many days as you would have liked. This time of year is just so tough for motivation and time. I hear you, because I'm right there with you. Love the snippet you shared, Rebecca! It's so descriptive and puts me right in the scene with your MC. Hope this week is super productive for both of us! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that line you shared! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. And in Texas, I know what this character is feeling!

    Of course, this is easier said than done, but it's okay that you didn't accomplish as much as you wanted to. You still got some work done. That is the most important part of all this, that you keep working, no matter how quickly or how slowly. I have to tell myself that a lot of times (like on Sunday when I only wrote 487 words instead of a thousand).

    Good luck gathering motivation this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love road trip books! And I love that excerpt! Also, you achieved your WC goal on three days - that's awesome! Sounds like you had a productive week to me. :) And I hope you have another!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for road trip novels! I always love those. And that excerpt was great. I feel hot now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mood of your excerpt. Can definitely feel the heat! You still made a good chunk of progress, so that is awesome whether or not you hit your goal. Hope you have better luck meeting your goal this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely beat me on writing last week! Good luck with your goals this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I struggled with motivation this week too, so I'm right there with you. But oooh, road trip stories are THE BEST! :D Happy writing this week, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your excerpt. Sounds like the weather in my area today, ha. Don't beat yourself up over what you didn't accomplish. You're making progress and that's what counts. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your excerpt is fantastic! You definitely nailed the feel of that kind of weather.

    Good luck with your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete