Monday, 23 June 2014

Ready. Set. WRITE! 2014 #3

{click here for all the RSW details!}


How I did on last week’s goal(s)

I met my word count goals but I only sent out one query, so…I'll give myself 75% and a must-try-harder.

My goal(s) for this week

Write 500+ words five days this week, and send out more than one query for FATE. Read two books.

A favorite line from my story OR a word or phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised

There’s a little pinpoint prick of light deep inside me that I can find in the dark of night and know that she’s not gone, not entirely, not yet.

The biggest challenge I faced this week

Keeping scenes short--my first drafts are getting longer and longer and I'm trying to combat that.

Something I love about my WIP

It's sunny and summery, even when it's sad.


See you next Monday for another check-in!

9 comments:

  1. Love the line you shared, Rebecca -- it's really beautiful! Also, my first drafts are out-of-control long too. You can always cut the unnecessary stuff later, but yeah... watching that word count climb to astronomical numbers is a little stressful. Best of luck with your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first drafts are always LONG. But just writing without too much judging keeps me going. You can do it too! Good luck on your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you gave yourself a grade for the week lol. Yep, I'd probably give myself about a 75% this week as well. Love the line you shared! But then, I love all the lines you share from your WiP. :-) Good luck this week, Rebecca! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the line you shared! Great job (mostly) meeting your goals! :). Good luck this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I love that you graded yourself. Yay for meeting your word count goals though! :) And long can be okay. Remember, you can always cut! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your progress! Usually my problem is that my first drafts are too short so I have to use revisions to lengthen them. Good luck with this week's goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seventy-five percent is still great, especially since you met your word count goal! Love that you graded yourself, by the way. The querying process is so unpredictable and just tough to face some days, so don't kick yourself too much for that. Hope you get some great responses from agents and that you'll ace meeting your goals this week! Also, that's a lovely line from your WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that line! Reminds me of Gatsby and the green light. So good. I hope you kick this week's goals' butt :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for hitting your word count goal! I love the line you shared. Good luck this week...and send some more queries!!

    ReplyDelete