Monday, 16 June 2014

Ready. Set. WRITE! 2014 #2

{click here for all the RSW details!}

How I did on last week’s goal(s)

I crushed it! I wanted to write 500+ words six days this week, and I even had a day where I broke 1k, which hasn't happened in forever.

My goal(s) for this week

Write 500+ words five days this week, and send out a fresh batch of queries for FATE.

A favorite line from my story OR a word or phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised

It was so easy to default to the version of events that had been the accepted truth for so long. To think that Lyla was missing, gone, and would always be so.

The biggest challenge I faced this week

Fitting in words before going to work (not that I had to get up early--I just always manage to fill the time with other things). Figuring out a kink in the plot--I don't really outline so I run into this time and time again.

Something I love about my WIP

I love that it's full of women--my four MCs, their families, teachers, friends, doctors. And the relationships are almost completely positive: minimal bitch, little snark, no bite. I love writing that.

See you next Monday for another check-in!

18 comments:

  1. Great job on meeting your goal! And I love that line! =) Have a great writing week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS on your awesome word count success! :) and all the positive relationships among your female characters is awesome...we need more of that in books today!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on meeting your goals! And I love me a little snark - not too much, but enough. :) Also, LOVE that glorious two lines from your story! Good luck with the querying and I hope you have another wonderful writing week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on meeting your goals, lady! And I love what you said about the women in your WiP have minimal cattiness -- thank you for that! Sometimes I find myself straying from books classified as "chick lit" or "women's fiction" (two terms I don't love, but whatever) because there's often so much silly angst between the gals. Who needs it?! Best of luck with your goals this week, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job this week! :) And best of luck querying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you're writing about women in a positive way. Not all women relate to each other negatively, despite what the media seems to think! :)

    Congrats on meeting your goals last week and good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck querying! Good idea to keep working on other things in the meantime :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great line! It definitely hooks us in, wanting to know more. :-) You did awesome this week! I had similar word count goals to you last week, and it looks like we both rocked it. Here's to another great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job on crushing your goal! I love those days when the words are flowing and you bypass your intended word count. It's refreshing to hear about a story that involves positive female relationships and minimal snark. That's a great line you shared! Hope there are many more like it in this coming week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that's great your writing about women and positive relationships. Snark is fun to read but I like to see female MC's who are strong in other ways. Congrats on your goal-accomplishing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boom! Great job. Congrats on surpassing your goal. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on meeting your goals! Good luck with this week's goals. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on meeting your goals this week! That's awesome that you managed to break 1k. And I love your snippet. It makes me want to know what's going on in your story. I hope you have a great writing week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on meeting your goals! I love that line. Your story sounds really interesting - I'm intrigued by all of the female relationships. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. More stories with strong women in them are greatly needed. Glad you are writing some. As long as you are making them real you don't need them to be nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you crushed those goals! Hope this week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whoohoo! Way to go! Here's to figuring out that kink in the plot. :)

    Plus, I love that your story features four women who actually get along for the most part. That needs to happen more in the YA world!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the progress! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete