Monday, 9 June 2014

Ready. Set. WRITE! 2014 #1



Summertime is finally here! Sort of. This is England, after all: if there's anything you can expect at any moment, it is rain. But even though it may not always be sunny and warm, it's still summer, and that means it's time for Ready. Set. WRITE! to begin for the second time. If you don't know anything about RSW, it's a summer writing intensive hosted by Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, Katy Upperman, and Alison Miller--click here for all the details. (Here are my first and last posts for RSW last year.)

I had such a fun time doing this last year and achieved a lot--I finished revisions on one manuscript, began querying it, and started a new draft too. There's something about knowing other people are out there working alongside me (figuratively speaking--oh, what I would give to have an actual, in-real-life writing date with some of the lovely ladies I've met!) that gives me that extra little bit of drive, that makes me push myself when all I want to do is curl up in bed with tumblr and cat videos.

My main goal for RSW14 is to FINISH A FIRST DRAFT OF THE STORY KNOWN AS SURFING GIRLS. I just want to get this thing DONE!

THIS WEEK'S GOALS:
 Write 500+ words on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
See you next Monday for check-in!

12 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goals this week! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have very similar goals for the week and for the entire summer. Here's hoping we both get 500+ words written each day and finish up our drafts this summer! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous goal. Good luck with it! Stay away from tumblr! (And I'll stay away from netflix, and we'll both be super productive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, surfing girls. That sounds awesome! My goal is pretty similar, so I'll be writing alongside you this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the title! Good luck this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the title of your story, Rebecca. I'd read it based on that alone. :-) Best of luck with your goals if you ever want writing company, tweet me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice title. 500+ words a day will be a piece of cake. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a story about surfing girls?! INTRIGUED!!! And I'm so glad RSW helped and I hope you are just as productive this summer! GO US!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for writing every day! And nice to set a specific count for each day too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a very doable goal. Good luck hitting 500!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 500 words a day is totally doable! Have a great writing week!

    ReplyDelete