Friday, 28 February 2014

WIP: The Movie--V.2




WIP: The Movie is a super fun bloghop hosted by Kyra Lennon and Rachel Schieffelbein. This is the return of this bloghop--the ladies first hosted it almost two years ago (here's my post for my now-shelved--so shelved, sososo shelved--MS FIREWORKS). Here's what Kyra and Rachel have to say:

Almost all of us have imagined who would play the characters in our WIPs if they were ever made into a movie. On February 28th, we want you to “cast” your WIP, and post photos of the actors/actresses you would choose to play the characters in your latest manuscript. You don’t have to cast everyone if you don’t want to, just show us your MCs and tell us a little about them. 

 Also, we’d like you to tell us which songs you’d have on your WIP Movie soundtrack! This can be one song that fits the main theme of the story, or several songs that make you think of your story.

This time around I'm casting my WIP about best girlfriends, surfing, chasing ghosts, and learning to take risks.

Nicole Miraz--Nicole is way into shoes, laying in the sun, and making out with Annabelle. She's almost painfully sincere and not at all afraid of confrontation. This is probably because she's been in therapy for about a third of her life and is all about talking about how things make her feel. But did I mention shoes?


Jessica Parker Kennedy
I've loved Jessica Parker Kennedy ever since I saw her in The Secret Circle (RIP). Look at the intensity in her eyes--she'd be the perfect Nicole.

Annabelle Sato--Annabelle's that girl who never wears the correct uniform and hands her homework in late and forgets to return the dress she borrowed even though you've asked a hundred times...but no-one cares, because she's just that charming and good-natured. Even when you want to be mad at her, you really can't. (Unless you're Nicole.)


Devon Aoki
Devon Aoki is one of my all-time favourite models and I'm not sure if she actually acts but what does it matter? This is all a fantasy and in my fantasy she acts!

Tristan Vadsaria--Tristan is always, always late to the party. She would always rather be out with the girls or surfing or doing something that means she doesn't have to be at home, because home sucks nowadays. Her mom used to be fun, kind of wild but always loving, and now she's turned into a California socialite robo-mom and who wants that?


Yami Gautam
Yami Gautam is a Bollywood actress and she has a beautiful smile. That's about all it took to convince me that she's be great for Tristan!

Britt Montgomery--Britt is an AP-everything girl who wants to go to Princeton. She would never even dream of handing in homework late or cutting class. Her smarts come in handy for tutoring, and tutoring is great...except for when she may or may not be in love with the boy she tutors, who has a girlfriend. And Britt will not be the Other Girl. Not after what her father did to their family.


Ali Chanel

Honestly, I had no idea who this girl was…I just saw her picture on tumblr so long ago and knew she was the perfect Britt. Britt is a plus-size (read: fat) blonde bombshell and I think model Ali Chanel fits that criteria perfectly!

Onto the soundtrack: I've posted this song on this here blog before, but definitely In My Mind by Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl. Then Seek Bromance by Tim Berg has the perfect energy for this story, and to finish everything up, XO by Beyoncé, because it just feels like the kind of song you sing along to with your hands in the air until your voice is hoarse.




And that's my WIP casted and soundtracked! Make sure to swing by Kyra's blog to see the rest of the participants!

xoxo

12 comments:

  1. I am totally digging your cast. I don't know most of them, but they look pretty awesome! And your characters sound great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your character descriptions. Sounds like it'd be an awesome story/movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your character descriptions! I've never heard of your cast, but I love the first choice. She's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some seriously hot women!
    Great picks.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cast! For some reason "painfully sincere" reminds me of Charlie Brown. She's the most sincere pumpkin patch and that's why The Great Pumpkin will rise from her.

    Now I have to ask an important question... is that a 'fro I spy in your picture? Because if so, we may have to battle to the death. The world isn't big enough for two writers with fros who both love Blair Waldorf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These characters all sound very dynamic! I like your picks a lot!

    Thanks for taking part in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sensing a theme, maybe 'hot girls'. It works; great cast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely diverse cast! I've been near enough obsessed with surfing for about a year now (I don't think it's just a phase) so your WIP sounds right up my street!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome picks. And I like how you described the personalities of the characters. It's fun to see that in this blog hop. I didn't really do that, other than maybe a short line or two.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, your cast looks great! What a cool idea to cast your characters!

    The descriptions of your characters was really great. Seems like you know them well, which is what every writer should reach for. Nice blog you have!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a wonderful story and great cast. I can see why Kyra picked you as her winner. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete