Wednesday, 26 February 2014

What's Up Wednesday, MMFD Edition

{click here for a full list of participants!}
What I'm Reading:

ANOTHER LITTLE PIECE by Kate Karyus Quinn. I…I don't know how to describe this book. I don't even want to talk about it because I don't want to colour anyone else's experience with it. It's weird. Creepy weird. I like it.



What I'm Writing:

Drafting this week…suuuucks. I just have no energy and I'm at that point where I want to take a break (which I probably will, for the sake of my sanity). Oh, I love writing, but I hate it, but I love it, but…

I also think I'm accidentally writing the most complicated book I've ever written and I regret everything. Also also, this book has so many parents it might make up for every YA book without parents ever. EVER.

I was in Cupid's Blind Speed Dating contest last week (check out my entry here) and it was so much fun! I got a few requests and it was just so nice to take a break from the constant email checking and do something different. This was the third contest I've entered and the first one I got to the agent round for. Who knows if anything will come out of it, but it was super fun :)

What Inspires Me Right Now:

Hmm. Drawing a blank.

Well, I'm really into Ariana Grande right now. She doesn't inspire so much as make me turn my room into my own personal stage and gives me so much Mariah life it's almost unreal. But I can feel a story being soundtracked by her album, fer sure. (RESTRICTED PLAYBACK UGGGGHHH)




Oh! My Mad Fat Diary! Yeah, I totally mainlined all the available eps last week and now I'm just swimming in Rae-inspired emotions. It's the perfect blend of light and dark--funny characters, sharp dialogue, and then these heart-crushing moments. So, so good and why did I wait until now to watch? Honestly.

 photo tumblr_n1kcr21mqA1rll0vpo1_500_zpsb974a62c.gif

What Else I've Been Up To:

Nothing: I'm waiting for my time off work next week and waiting for the experience that will be SEEING BEYONCÉ ON FRIDAY.

COMMENCE HYPERVENTILATING.

xoxo



7 comments:

  1. I *LOVE* writing, but I get the whole hate/love thing. Sometimes I just want to threw the laptop on the wall and yell "I'm done!" ... as if I could not write.

    "has so many parents it might make up for every YA book without parents ever. EVER." >> this made me LOL hard ... still LOLing!

    Oh, have fun at Beyonce's concert! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing so much at your parents comment! Thanks for making up for the, ah, several I may have killed/put on a bus/generally not mentioned over the course of my writing career ^_^

    Have fun at the concert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first heard Ariana Grande had an album I wasn't interested and then I heard her sing Tattooed Heart on the AMA's and WOW. Love that song, bought the album, and now I have a few faves. Besides, my kids love it when I listen to her because she's "Cat" from Sam & Cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh, the ups and downs of drafting! I feel your pain, I'm mired in the middle of mine at the moment juggling several things at once...
    Congrats on the requests, and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I first heard Ariana Grand, I refused to believe she wasn't Mariah, lol (probably because I wanted Mariah to start making good music again so badly) So jelly about you seeing Beyonce, but have fun, it's sure to be amazing!! Also good luck with you writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your requests! Your book sounds really fun. And soo jealous you're seeing Beyonce! She's such a great performer. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the requests from the Blind Date contest! It sounds nice to break out of the typical email-query mode. :)

    ReplyDelete