Saturday, 28 December 2013

2013 Road Trip Wrap-Up (3)



YA Highway's Year End Road Trip series is a five part series in which we tell you about some of our favorite YA moments and invite you to do the same. To participate, simply answer the short prompts in each of the five posts on the 22nd, 26th, 28th, 29th and 31st of December. Then link to your post in the comments section.

Best Guilty Pleasure Book

I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU a.k.a. Gossip Girl 12, which does not touch the magnificence of the early GG books and did some very strange things to Blair et al that I prefer not to think about, but good lord, I still love it all.

Books Not Normally In My Wheelhouse That I Still Enjoyed*

SHADOW AND BONE/SIEGE AND STORM--I don't read a lot of fantasy, but I intend to try harder next year. Mostly because how bad ass is Alina? I loved GONE GIRL, too.


Best Book Cover

I adore the UK cover of DANGEROUS GIRLS, plus 17 & GONE and AMELIA ANNE IS DEAD AND GONE both have creepy covers that perfectly reflect their insides.



    




xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I loved Gone Girl. It's not typically my bag either but because I liked it so much, I thought I'd try Dark Places. I only got about 50 pages in because it was really unsettling. Not sure I'll see the film either.

    ReplyDelete