Monday, 23 December 2013

2013 Road Trip Wrap-Up (1)


YA Highway's Year End Road Trip series is a five part series in which we tell you about some of our favorite YA moments and invite you to do the same. To participate, simply answer the short prompts in each of the five posts on the 22nd, 26th, 28th, 29th and 31st of December. Then link to your post in the comments section.

Y'know, I really suck at blogging. I mean, getting myself organised to do it. Which is why I didn't participate in the YA Superlatives Blogfest even though I really wanted to, why there are a hundred and one half-written posts in my drafts, and why I'm putting this post up at 1am.
But who cares! Let's talk books! (As always!)
Best Book Of The Year
I loved, loved, loved JELLICOE ROAD (it really is so worth all the hype). Okay, okay, I know it didn't come out this year, so…DANGEROUS GIRLS by Abigail Haas. It's the book I most recommend and also I lose all my words when recommending it because there are no words to describe my feelings about this book.

Most Unexpectedly Delightful Book Of The Year
THE WESTING GAME by Ellen Raskin--we read it for the YA Book Club and I adored how witty and sharp it was.

Book I Wanted To Hate But Couldn’t Because Game Recognize Game*
EVERY DAY by David Levithan. I mean, I didn't want to hate it; I just didn't see how it would work. But...it did. Go figure.

Book I Can’t Get Out Of My Mind
Oh, so many: THE SEA OF TRANQUILITY by Katja Millay and HOLD STILL by Nina LaCour, CHARM AND STRANGE by Steph Kuehn and USES FOR BOYS by Erica Lorraine Scheidt, FALL FOR ANYTHING by Courtney Summers and 17 & GONE by Nova Ren Suma…they're all stuck in there.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. JELLICOE ROAD is one of my all time favorites! :) I feel like I constantly pick it up, even if it's just to read a few pages. <3 Glad you loved it!

    ReplyDelete