Wednesday, 18 September 2013

What's Up Wednesday, DANGEROUS GIRLS Edition

{click here for a full list of participants!}

What I'm Reading:

HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS I read DANGEROUS GIRLS by Abigail Haas/Abby McDonald and I just cannot even with the what and the words and how and...wow. Someone please read this so I can discuss it with you. Crazy good. Seriously, my heart is pounding now just thinking about it.



Now I'm reading BEFORE I FALL by Lauren Oliver which is one of those books I always see on people's favourites lists, so I'm hoping it lives up to all the hype!

What I'm Writing:

Surprise! I'm still drafting! Will it ever end?! Who knows!

Query update: I sent out more queries last week, which have gotten me one request so far, plus I did a teeny bit of pitching on #PitMad, which got me another request! It was actually really scary pitching but fun at the same time. Did anyone else have success on the pitching front? I hope so!

What Inspires Me Right Now:

Fashion week, DANGEROUS GIRLS, Meg Myers. I could write a whole story from her song "Heart Heart Head".



What Else I've Been Up To:

Seeing friends before they go back to university, baking cupcakes, finishing Game of Thrones...oh, I'm so bereft. Arya is still my favourite, but I do have a soft spot for the villainous ladies Cersei and Melisandre. I can't help it, I just love evil female characters. Even (especially) when I hate them.

So don't forget--your assignment is to read DG and report back to me so we can discuss, okay? Okay,

xoxo


11 comments:

  1. I can't believe i haven't heard of Dangerous Girls, will definitely be checking it out. I'm not a drafter myself which makes writing a wee bit frustrating, so take your time and draft away. And Fashion Week is always fun and inspiring, so many talented people in this world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must read this DANGEROUS GIRLS phenomenon you speak of! And I hope you love BEFORE I FALL! I hated Sam for the first 100 pages, but give her a chance. That book is one of my favorites!

    Also, I saw your comment on my post last week, and I would LOVE to have you read my story when it's ready (does that EVER happen?!). Also, congrats on the requests!!! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it's the villains who are the most fleshed out and that definitely makes them compelling! Congrats on the requests! That's awesome. :-) I know what you mean about neverending drafts. I have a couple of those on the go. You're the second person today who mentioned reading GoT. I really need to just read them already. I'm so worried about getting spoiled while the shows are airing. They just feel like such a huge commitment, you know? Anyway, have a great week, Rebecca! :-)

    P.S. That video gets seriously intense toward the end! Whoa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love that cover for DANGEROUS GIRLS. I thought I hadn't heard of this book until I looked it up and saw the U.S. cover, which doesn't do it for me at all. Glad to hear you loved it. It's now on my TBR list. And yay for reading BEFORE I FALL. I loved that book so much. This makes me want to re-read it. Congratulations on the requests!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow loved the music video lol, although it made me jump when she suddenly started screaming lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the requests! How exciting! :D

    ...Please may I have a cupcake? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I must pick up a copy of DANGEROUS GIRLS. And congrats on the requests!! Makes all those pitch butterflies worth it, doesn't it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for requests!

    BEFORE I FALL is one I still need to read and I'll have to add DANGEROUS GIRLS to my list - can't believe I've never heard of it until now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the requests! How exciting!!

    I'm very intrigued by DANGEROUS GIRLS now. Going to add it to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I intend to read BEFORE I FALL at some point. I tried the first chapter in B&N and I must say, it didn't draw me in completely--felt a bit run-of-the-mill Contemporary YA to me, but I think things change up after that, so I'm willing to give it a chance.

    Congratulations with the requests!! I hope something good comes of them, Becky. :)

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your requests!

    I have a copy of DANGEROUS GIRLS. I need to move it to the top of my TBR!

    ReplyDelete