Wednesday, 17 April 2013

Sexual Assault Awareness Month: Project Unbreakable

April is Sexual Assault Awareness month in the US, so I thought I would point you towards the incredible Project Unbreakable, if you haven't heard of it before.



Project Unbreakable is an art project in which survivors of sexual assault are photographed holding a sign with a quote from their attacker(s) on it. The photographs are so simple and so, so powerful.

To me, the project is about raising awareness, while also showcasing the strength of the women, and men, pictured. They stand there, bold and defiant, sometimes smiling, to say I am okay. Which I think is amazing.

Project Unbreakable was started by photographer Grace Brown; you can find out more about it here, and follow the tumblr here.

2 comments:

  1. I forgot it was sexual assault awareness month. How did I forget that?

    Definitely will check this out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this, Rebecca. It sounds like a beautiful project.

    ReplyDelete