Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Potstickers and Disco



Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

We'd love for you to participate! Just answer the prompt on your own blog and leave a link - or, if you prefer, you can include your answer in the comments.




This Week's Topic: If you could visit any country with a fictional character as your guide, who would you pick and where would you go?

I am quite desperate to go to America, so obviously I'll say there. And the US is a biiiiig place, so I'm going to need more than one guide.


Maybe Colby can drive me around San Francisco in Melinda, while we listen to Sleater-Kinney and talk about street art. 



Speaking of San Francisco, I'm pretty sure Cyd Charisse could show me where to get the best potstickers and bargain bin disco CDs.



Switching coasts: there are so many people I'd love to take me around NYC. Nick and Norah would no doubt be awesome for a night of thrashing around at a punk show.



Blair Waldorf and I would have the best time shopping at Barneys for killer heels and cute dresses, for sure.



I'd love to spend the night wandering around the city with Adam Wilde--oh, Adam. I bet he could show me the coolest places, and talk to me about music. And then we could roadtrip all the way back to Oregon!

So yeah, I'm pretty sure that with all of those lovely characters, I'd have myself a trip to remember.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know you weren't in the US. Where are you from?
    This is a great question! Can I have Rachel from Rachel's Holiday show me around Ireland? Any of the Walsh girls would be fun, really. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha this has made my day, you have NO idea how cool I feel right now! No, I am from England :) I know, I had so much fun thinking of who I'd want to be my guide!

      Delete
  2. San Francisco is one of my personal favorite cities (after Seattle and Portland, but of course I'm biased). And I wouldn't mind hanging out with Colby, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I gotta say though, you're missing out if you don't hit the south! We don't have Barney's or the Golden Gate bridge, but we do have amazing food, music, and the nicest people on the planet! :)

    ReplyDelete