Wednesday, 26 December 2012

Holiday Road Trip (Part Three)


Hands up if you're in a food coma! There is too much chocolate going on in my house right now. Currently watching The Nutcracker on TV, before our family viewing of Die Hard (which I've never seen, can you believe it?) Yesterday's viewing was The Princess Bride, which I sadly slept all the way through...so I suppose it's a good thing I've seen it a hundred times before. Anyway, onwards to day three of YA Highway's special edition road trip:


Today's Holiday Road Trip Questions Are:-



Best "I Want To Go To There" Setting in a Book



Hmm...I didn't really read a lot of books with wanderlust-inducing settings or amazingly different worlds. So, I will say THE FUTURE OF US and THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER because they're both set in the Nineties and hello, you know I love the Nineties. I want to be in a world of Walkmans and real, proper mixtapes and phone calls on the landline (even though I despise talking on the phone). And who doesn't want to go through the Perks tunnel?

Favorite YA Characters



Everyone in THE RAVEN BOYS. Sean and Puck from THE SCORPIO RACES. (Not trying to turn this whole exercise into a Maggie Stiefvater appreciation fest, honest.) Adam Wilde (IF I STAY), Four (DIVERGENT), Parker Fadley (CRACKED UP TO BE). I could go on and on and on...




Check back tomorrow for the last day of the holiday road trip! 

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, Im seeing a lot of Scorpio Races as favorites. Will really need to pick that book up soon. I really enjoy Maggie's writing, I have no idea why I haven't read that one yet lol

    http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it so much! THE SCORPIO RACES was my first Maggie Stiefvater and I have to say, it was a great introduction :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, Four <3 And yes to the 90s!

    ReplyDelete