1. Scrivener. Loving the ability to split everything down into individual scenes and having a synopsis of each scene, and especially having all my notes and character profiles and outline in the same place. So much better than notebooks everywhere, and post-it notes that end up all over the kitchen, and random untitled documents.
2. Freedom. When I use it I definitely get more done, not just because I've shut the internet off but because I feel like it was so important to me that I work that I actually made a point of disconnecting, which makes me work harder. Bonus!
3. New desk/new chair: serious upgrade from my old desk, which was sort of broken with various nail polish stains on it and peeling plastic from excessive straightener resting. This one is all black and glass and super serious (and also an absolute Ikea barg, £30!)
4. Being 30k into a new story, in three--count 'em, three--weeks. This is a veritable miracle! Usually it takes me a few weeks to get to 10k, at which point I have a little break(down) because I'm not sure what I'm doing next. I've already waxed lyrical about my new love for outlining, and we're still going strong.
5. Having time away from my last MS (as one is supposed to do). Being away from those words and being deep in new ones makes me feel like when I go back to it it'll feel so much fresher and I won't actively hate it anymore. (Oh, I don't really hate it. Not much.)
5. Coke Zero. Oh, I try to get away from you, but you are so gooooood. And I don't drink coffee or tea, and I don't drink alcohol unless it's Long Island Iced Tea or anything pink and even that's rare, so...I can keep this one vice, right?
6. THIS SONG/VIDEO (Latch by Disclosure & Sam Smith). Does it not just make you smile/swoon? Aren't the lyrics so good?
You lift my heart up when the rest of me is down and you, you enchant me even when you're not around. And I'm so encaptured, got me wrapped up in your touch and feel so enamoured, hold me tight within your clutch.
I am dying.
And the couple in bed? Totally my new WIP babies, Audrey and Julian, ten years in the future. Cuties.
Could I lock in your love?