1. IF I STAY--oh, God, don't even. I can't. The sobbing that occurred when I finished this book...so much so that I am afraid to start Where She Went, even though it's been sitting on my shelf for months and I really, really want to read it. I felt like I held my breath the entire way through.
2. CRACKED UP TO BE--can I just mention the one thing that really got me? The finger snapping. Do you know what I mean? I really think this book broke me. Horrible characters doing horrible things and trying to deal with the most horrible thing ever. Broken.
3. A CERTAIN SLANT OF LIGHT--I love weird and different stories, and this one about ghostly people and disappeared spirits and love is just the best. The BEST.
4. MEMOIRS OF A TEENAGE AMNESIAC--I finished this, turned back to the beginning and read it again. Something about two broken people trying to fix themselves with each other...ugh. So good.
5. THE AMBER SPYGLASS--I WILL NOT ruin this book for you. I will just say words: Eve. Bench. Oxford. Hopefully if you've read it you understand what I'm saying.
If you haven't yet had your feelings destroyed by any of these books then I suggest you read them straight away. Who needs a functioning heart anyway?