Wednesday, 20 June 2012

Olympic Airways

This has been my view for the past two days:



Hanging out at a picnic bench in the park, with no internet and a summery playlist in my headphones.


And getting a lot of words written while baking a few shades darker in the sun. (With SPF 30, of course.)


Question: where do you go outside of your house to write? Sometimes I go to Costa/Starbucks, but those fancy drinks are expensive and they frown on you just hijacking a comfy chair. I also like to go the library, but apparently no-one knows that libraries are supposed to be a quiet place nowadays. (Also I have to pay to park there, what kind of joke is that?!) The park has been my favourite out of the three, but lack of warm weather prevents me from going there every day.

So where do you like to go?

9 comments:

  1. I like to go to an IHOP/Denny's sort of place. A slice of pie and my iPod while I type away on my netbook, and I am a happy girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we had somewhere like that here! A slice of pie while I write sounds gooood :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! It's the abundance of warm weather here in Phoenix, Az that keeps me writing indoors :) Starbucks is too loud, good music, tho. So I like to go to a bookstore, usually barnes and noble since it's closest. Enjoy your sun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, if only Borders still existed, that would be the perfect place to go! (I miss it so much...)

      Delete
  3. Hmmm... i spend a lot of time in the airport. That place is AWESOME for people watching and inspiration. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People watching is the best! Sometimes I feel a little stalky though...as long as no-one ever catches me I guess it's all good!

      Delete
  4. I actually still haven't found a nice writing spot around where I live, but you know what? I think that Saturday would be a great time for me to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great idea! You'll have to report back and tell me where you went :)

      Delete
  5. I usually hang out at coffee shops. Though there's this place nearby that does a pretty awesome breakfast, so one of these mornings I might head on down there with my notebook and try to get some work done there.

    ReplyDelete